Welcome to the UK Betting Tips.
Free Football Betting Tips
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Registered Users
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Fineform ( clive holt)

as in the late lamented clive holt.....does anyone still use this system, which dates back to early eighties?

it has been modified slightly, several times but in its original form, i believe it went something like this...

using any daily newspaper...

award points to each horse as follows...

last two outings only...

award 5 points for first place...

3 points for second place...

2 points 3rd place...

1 point for 4th place...

1 point if a course winner...

2 points if a distance winner...

a maximum score..which he reckoned were the very strongest bets..scored 13 points..thus being two wins and a course and distance winner.

I fondly remember some hefty wins at huge prices and massive forecasts with top two rated.

oh and hello everyone, this is my maiden post

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Hastings For This Useful Post:

outasight1 (02-01-2010)

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fineform ( clive holt)

Welcome to UKBT Harry. Thanks for this post. Very interesting. There are quite a few familiar with Clive Holt around here. Any intentions of doing a live trial of this system? And oh, that is the surest way to get your post count up, if you're interested in stats like that.

Registered Users
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanx pika...yeah a live trial would be interesting...i could really do with knowing the system in its final adjusted format, although im sure i could research that online

of course holt insisted rightly that you had to excercise a deal of common sense...ie a horse could have won two low grade sellers over the same c/d thus qualifying as a maximum bet...however it may be hugely upped in class next time against potential group horses with fewer fineform points
    Last edited by Ark Royal; 30-12-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: no need for 2 posts

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have somewhere in my possession a table that gives the a numerical value to the chances of a horse based on its last 2 runs and the class they were achieved in. It has some basis in the fineform methology but has no mention of the course and distance factor.If anyone is interested I will put it on here for them to look at.

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to our forum, Harry.

Do you have anything in your bank, son?
    Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future. AH

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Trecelyn View Post
    I have somewhere in my possession a table that gives the a numerical value to the chances of a horse based on its last 2 runs and the class they were achieved in. It has some basis in the fineform methology but has no mention of the course and distance factor.If anyone is interested I will put it on here for them to look at.
    Would certainly be interested mate.

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,225 Times in 2,056 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the forum Harry, hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hastings View Post
    I fondly remember some hefty wins at huge prices and massive forecasts with top two rated.
    Like most gamblers we remember the big winners and tend to forget the losers
    Ask yourself why you stopped using the method and what has changed to make you want to use it again.

All the Best
    AR
    Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom - Danny Blanchflower

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome harry,i have a lot of stuff by clive holt and used to use his rating as a starting point,many years ago,it got modified by clive a few years ago.with 2 new rules.
    4 points for any horse in the top 3 of the newspaper ratings,think he was using daily express.
    3 points for any horse in the first 3 of the betting forecast,again think he was using daily express.
    The above points may have been the other way round,but hopefully you know what i mean.
    So a maximum rated now has 20 points.
    Then came the premier rated,which were the same as above,but must be forecast fav in newspaper.

Welcome to ukbt mate.
    Kind regards simon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SIMON LE BON For This Useful Post:

outasight1 (02-01-2010)

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SIMON LE BON View Post
    Welcome harry,i have a lot of stuff by clive holt and used to use his rating as a starting point,many years ago,it got modified by clive a few years ago.with 2 new rules.
    4 points for any horse in the top 3 of the newspaper ratings,think he was using daily express.
    3 points for any horse in the first 3 of the betting forecast,again think he was using daily express.
    The above points may have been the other way round,but hopefully you know what i mean.
    So a maximum rated now has 20 points.
    Then came the premier rated,which were the same as above,but must be forecast fav in newspaper.

Welcome to ukbt mate.
    Kind regards simon
    Hi Simon, but you stopped using it? Like Ark said what when wrong?

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi pika it wasnt a bad way to rate the race,clive did do various test and things and his ststem beat most of the other newspaper tipsters year in/year out.
    I guess it is just a basic way of rating the race and dosnt really take a lot of things into account.
    I used to try and concentrate on the top 4 or 5 rated and then do a bit more in depth form study on those.
    To be honest i am not doing anything at the moment and want to concentate on finding losers in the new year,and there is every chance i will rate the races using this formula,i know it sounds too simple to be any good,but its a fact that horses in good recent form,win the majority of races every day,they always have and always will,so you could do a lot worse.
    I dont remember the big winners from this system,but i had a lot of those from one of his other systems,called the handicap surprise,including two 100-1 winners on the same day,believe it or not.
    Kind regards simon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SIMON LE BON For This Useful Post:

pika (30-12-2009)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast