Welcome to the UK Betting Tips.
Free Football Betting Tips
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: The all complete GREYHOUND PREDICTION SPREADSHEET!!

morning all

tried a couple of websites and even got a quote for $660 to programme code to scrape rp website for data..wondering if anyone has any other ideas or cheaper options for extracting the data from racing post website for further manipulation. think i need to get expertise in vba programming..am i on the right track or is there easier options for getting data..
    thanks guys

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by limerickmick View Post
    morning all

tried a couple of websites and even got a quote for $660 to programme code to scrape rp website for data..wondering if anyone has any other ideas or cheaper options for extracting the data from racing post website for further manipulation. think i need to get expertise in vba programming..am i on the right track or is there easier options for getting data..
    thanks guys
    I really don't get this guys. I said number if times: I'm scraping RP dog data. Let me know what info (times, split,...) would you like in the sheet and i'll include it in this sheet. If you'd like to have complete racecards in a sheet (not just agregate or cumulative data) let me know. It shouldn't take me more than few hours to put it together.
    I'm professional software developer for 10 years and believe me scraping RP dog info IS NOT EASY. It's not that much technicaly complicated, as is boring and tedious. As far as price of $660 goes, that's cca 500 EUR and with price of 30 EUR for programming hour (which is veeeeery low), it means less then 18 hours is needed for making such software. I've spent aloooot more for mine.

Simon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scbetting For This Useful Post:

limerickmick (29-01-2011)

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

cheers for info scb and only reason i asked is that i dont want to be hassling you for information and making work for you particularly if i can make the effort to get it myself...

Registered Users
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi limerickmick

I looked into scraping data from the RP site when they updated their web pages (major upgrade). My interest was related to importing horse racing data. I eventually decided to cut and paste data into Note Pad and then imported data via the Excel ‘From Text’ option.

This provided me with what I decided was the best option as the RP site had a number of further upgrades that made it relatively easy to adapt my VBA code to accommodate the changes.

Recently I visited a greyhound track and decided to increase my greyhound racing knowledge for any subsequent visits. I have been viewing this site with interest so I thought it was time to explain how I import my data.

I started on the main page and manipulated times etc. but eventually I also needed the full form to work out percentage wins etc. Once I import the data I use VBA code to gather the information. I only had a small amount of coding basic computer language gained from my Spectrum PC days. I also purchased a few books and with a fair amount of practice I can now succeed at most things associated with my VBA coding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Traps1_6 For This Useful Post:

limerickmick (30-01-2011)

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

What as happened to this thread?

Just finished reading and bang it stops? Why?

GM

Pro Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi everyone
    how do i go about getting a copy of this please.

is it any good or where can i buy it :0

can someone send me a copy if i ask nicely

i have loads of systems if i can help you in return
    thanks in advance

Registered Users
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by limerickmick View Post
    morning all

thanks guys
    There is new service witch scrapes everything to one place i thing they only starting but ask them nicely and they let you in its all web based very handy alot of stuff in one place. Im sure i cant mention them you need to look for them on google.

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found this thread whilst doing some research on the web, and although I haven't read through all 27 pages of postings it does seem to cover aspects of a personal project I'm working on - something that's possibly re-inventing the wheel (I'm sure it's been done many times before)?

I'm endeavouring to create a spreadsheet system that will take race-card data published online and crunch it to produce a weighting score for greyhounds entered into a race. The actual, process of coping data from a web page and dumping it into a spreadsheet where it can be analysed, reformatted and processed, is fairly straightforward but where I'm hoping to pick other contributors' brains is with the factors that make up the algorithm that produces the output weighting score - the considerations taken into account, and any important ones that are missing.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about greyhound racing and so I was hoping for some direction from some of the established contributors here. Perhaps I should start a new thread - so any responses don't get muddled up with this one (it's not my intention to hijack it, although barring the most recent posting it does seem to be around two years old)?

Happy to share thoughts and discuss the work I've already done. I have posted a similar request on another forum dedicated to UK greyhound racing, but as yet have had no responses.

When things are complete, it's my intention to publish the workbook on my web site, where visitors will be able to download it and use it with my complements, completely free of charge. I've already done two others - one for betting on UK horse racing and the other for the footie.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this first posting is not seen to be in keeping with "good form" or forum etiquette.

Cheers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to UK-21 For This Useful Post:

fazzyc (05-04-2013)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,150 Times in 4,504 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

firstly UK21 welcome to greatest betting forum on the net

id say start a new thread fella so be my guest

Registered Users
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yip, I’m in the same boat as UK21. Is it hosted anywhere externally?

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast