Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betshare Racing

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 750 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Betshare Racing

Just received the post, and a whole wedge from this company. The offer is basically......join the club, 60 day money back guarantee, (Mmmm), etc. It has to be the most expensive package I've ever received from a racing tipster/promoter. A4 bound 30 page book, the usual coloured glossy type hype, about 20 lots in all. And then there is the postage for all this. I haven't read anything in detail yet. Just wanted to know if I am the only fortunate one to get this, or has anyone else received it?
    Right, I'm off for a run now, then I'll be back and have a read and I'll let you know what's what. In the meantime..............

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Betshare Racing

Back now, showered and ready for the off! Well, what can I say about this.......primarily it is a similar format to those ****** of ADK Associates in London. Not saying they are the same, but it's all so similar. Covering letter, 2 x A4 double side printed sheets of hype inviting me to spend 57 (fully guaranteed), on the most successful betting systems in the land, a club monthly newsletter etc. All for 57. I doubt the worth now of these systems because we all know the best cost 97!! A 6 page A4 quality written sales letter telling how great the offer is and all I can expect from these systems that normally cost up to 600 each!! Phew and wowee!! Should I pass this offer by? Can I afford to pass it by?! I am now up to a 9 page A4 double side printed hand out all about learning to maximise my betting edge on Betfair. I'll report on this when I take a breath and have a read.
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel Gee For This Useful Post:

catweazle (11-01-2012), fazzyc (11-01-2012)

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quite a good read this. Obviously written by someone who knows what he is talking about, and the heads up on "How to get your head around Betfair" would help many newbies and a refresher course for seasoned bettors/layers. It is written by Mr X, who claims to be invited to various functions to teach Betfair usage at training events. It finishes with an example of how to profit from Betfair by watching the markets and trading for small gains. Sensible approach, well written and obviously not part of the hype offered up so far by 3 professional punters making up Betshare Club, being John Morris, Russ and Thommo. (Thommo?, surely not........). Back later but I have got a book to read next!! Some 60 pages!! A4
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Black Belt View Post
    Good shower?
    Thanks a bundle for your input. If that is your best offer, best you read only, and keep it shut. By the way, one liners like yours are not tolerated by UKBT, so that's two reasons why you should read only or make a worthwhile contribution.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mel Gee For This Useful Post:

dave58 (11-01-2012)

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished reading most of the 66 pages, A4 book termed Professional Betting Strategies. I say most of it as I found it pretty hard going in places. In essence, this book exposes a method of betting or laying horses using forecast prices given in a daily newspaper (Racing Post is recommended) and comparing them with the opening prices of a leading bookmaker (Ladbrokes is recommended). If Laddies are shorter than the forecast, then that is the bet after one or two filters to determine "value". I was surprised to find this book so well written and full of common sense for the newbie and hardened bettor/layer. The hard going was with re reading the benefits of working with decimals rather than fractions, comparisons of no form approaches with form based ones, competing for profits, getting an edge etc. All this before being introduced to the Method complete with a few winning examples, strategies and something new to me called the Kelly Staking Strategy? Next time I meet up with Faz and Kel, I'll ask her what it's all about!! I have got to say that in this package were two pieces of info that I have found very helpful. I didn't ask for it and it came f o c. It certainly took all the shine from the hype also included in the package. Will I be sending off my 67, well no I wont. But I definitely got value from the pack so thanks!
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 03:57 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel Gee For This Useful Post:

dave58 (11-01-2012), fazzyc (11-01-2012)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,153 Times in 4,504 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think that kelly staking strategy is all about where we place bets,we win,kelly takes winnings and off she goes to river island in notts

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, UKBT, it's fun time! I have just looked at Kempton to see if the "Method" would highlight a bet to make all the reading worthwhile today. It looks like it will highlight a possible bet in every race at every meeting everyday!! I say possible because the value of this is the price obtained which "should" make a profit long term? Now, excuse my ramblings but this is how I will play the first 4 races at Kempton tonight, and if it looks worthwhilw, I play later as well unless wifey gets the hump and wants me to leave the office and pay her some attention!! Honest, I love her dearly......Anyway, here goes.............
    My betting strategy for this is 30/70, but this not the Kelly River Island Strategy as mentioned in the book. It is a safety first with 70% on a place!
    Kempton 4.15 Brian Sprout. Bet @ 6.3 or if not matched try for 5.4. If not matched on the win then NO BET, not even for a place. NO BET 4th
    Kempton 4.45 Nibana. Bet @ 3.85 or if not matched try for 3.3. If not matched on the win then NO BET, not even for a place.
    Kempton 5.15 Earlsmedic. Bet @ 5.25 or if not matched try for 4.5. If not matched on the win then NO BET, not even for a place.
    Kempton 5.45 Dark Castle Bet @ 5.25 or if not matched try for 4.5. If not matched on the win then NO BET, not even for a place.
    Obviously, I will try to get matched somewhere between those prices because somewhere between will still represent value.
    Nice way to pass an hour or two!
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,153 Times in 4,504 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

bet ive got a better way to pass that hour or two when kemptons on

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fazzyc View Post
    bet ive got a better way to pass that hour or two when kemptons on
    Yes, I know!! And I know too I wouldn't be sodding around with this rubbish!! I'm gonna have a word with Kel, she'll sort you out! Love to you BOT h
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 04:44 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mel Gee For This Useful Post:

fazzyc (11-01-2012)

PRO MEMBER
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kempton 4.15 NO BET
    Kempton 4.45 Backed @ 3.85 and place @ 1.54 Profit after 5% comm. Profit 1.1714 points
    Kempton 5.15 Backed @ 5.3 and place @ 2.02. Loss 1 point. Running total Profit 0.1714 points
    Kempton 5.45 NO BET
    kempton 6.15
    Kempton 6.45
    Last edited by Mel Gee; 11-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast